Cocina Del Charro
Think about it, Cocina del Charro has been around in Escondido for three decades now, and in 2007, the owners came to Old California Restaurant Row to offer their brand of great Mexican food to the local populace. That’s quite an achievement in the restaurant biz; you know they are doing something right.
The restaurant has a spacious Baja feel to it, complete with thatched palapas, a large patio and a large bar where zesty margaritas and ice-cold cerveza are the order of the day. Their famous Sunday Brunch is now open, a tradition that started in Escondido and has become an icon. Brunch is proudly served from 10 to 2 every Sunday with all of the family favorites. It is offered with unlimited champagne, an endless choice omelet station, American and Mexican dishes. Wonderful desserts and soft serve for the kids. They also offer a happy hour from 4 to 7, Monday thru Friday and Early Bird Specials in the dining room Monday thru Friday 3 to 5pm. Full service catering available.
- Shrimp Mini Chimichangas – Garlic-buttered shrimp in chipotle tomato sauce with onions, bell peppers and squash with a little sour cream and cheese inside.
- Guacamole Dip – It’s one of their best sellers and it’s grrrreat!
- Carne Asada – Strips of grilled marinated filet mignon with cheese enchilada, guacamole, rice and beans or salad, salsa and tortillas.
- Fajitas – You can have your choice of shrimp, beef or chicken or a combo, served sizzling with chiles, onions, tomatoes and herbs, and served with guacamole and sour cream.
- Chimichanga – the real thing, golden-brown tortilla stuffed with beef, pork or chicken.
- Flan with Kahlua.
- Deep-Fried Ice Cream
Happy Hour: 4-7pm Mon-Fri
Early Bird: 3-5pm Mon-Fri
Champagne Sunday Brunch: 10-2pm