Fish House Vera Cruz
One of the most exciting things to happen in the North County dining scene was when two young, energetic partners opened the incredible Fish House Vera Cruz, bringing a tide of seafood delight by way of their new concept of mesquite-grilling almost all seafood on the extensive lunch and dinner menus. That was in the early ’80s and the restaurant is still thriving to this day and still operated by one of its founders.
The interior is striking, there’s a full bar, a patio, a fresh fish market and even a small gift shop. The menu is huge and there’s always a list of at least 30 fresh-fish selections to choose from.
- Scallops Rumaki (wrapped in bacon).
- Sourdough Rockefeller Bread
- Crab Cakes
- Cajun Style Seared Ahi – A firm ahi steak seared to perfection over mesquite. Like all dinner entrées, it’s served with choice of two delicious side dishes.
- Shrimp and Halibut on a skewer – You’ll love this one, especially when dipped in drawn butter.
- Wild White Mexican Abalone – Tender and sautéed to perfection.
- Sam’s Cheesecake!!!
Fri & Sat 11:00-10:00