The remarkable union of mystic essence and delicious aromatic cuisine is the hallmark of this very pretty Indian restaurant that’s been a favorite at Old California Restaurant Row for 15 years now.
Owner Jesse Singh has put so much effort in his concept that he’s successfully built India Princess into a three-location operation. Indian food is a treat for the palate and the soul, and the restaurant is almost like a culinary sanctuary: serene, peaceful, never rushed and never noisy. The wonderful fragrance of all the exotic ingredients and spices that are used in Indian cuisine will seduce the appetite.
- Vegetable Samosas – Crisp flour patties with delicately spiced potatoes and peas.
- Seekh Kebab – Fabulous spiced finger rolls of minced lamb roasted in the special tandoori oven.
- One way to get a great introduction to the most famous Indian specialties is to try either the weekday lunch buffet for $9.95 or the fantastic weekend champagne brunch buffet for $11.95.
- Among our suggestions are Rogan Josh (lamb in exotic sauce); Chicken Tikka Masala (absolutely delicious, a must-try), any of the curry dishes and Palak Paneer (a tasty spinach/cottage cheese concoction).
- Perhaps the most famous of Indian food are items baked in the authentic tandoori barbecue like the Chicken Tikka, Tandoori Shrimp or the Mixed Platter.
- Rasmalai – Made with pistachios, saffron and cottage cheese.
Lunch 11am to 2:30pm
Dinner 5pm to 9:30pm